Sunday, 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!

So this year of 2012, my main goal is to fix a number of health problems I have. Although they may seem minor and non-lifethreatening to some people, I am taking them very seriously. It bothers me that I have them and that they are all controllable by my diet and lifestyle but I haven't been able to get rid of any of them.

Here is a list of my diagnosed health problems by my GP and Naturopath:

  • High sensitivity to Sugar Cane (result of IgG food intolerance test)
  • Raynauds Phenomenon (in my feet)
  • Poor blood circulation to my extremities (my hands and feet are usually always cold)
  • Adrenal Fatigue
  • Tinea Versicolor (a.k.a Pitryasis versicolor), on my back, chest and arms
  • Variation of Rosacea on my cheeks 
  • Candida Yeast overgrowth
I've been put on a Eubiotic Diet by my naturopath that I started today, which is basically the candida diet. I exercise 5-6 days a week so I will be including some sweet potato in my diet, but definitely no grains or legumes including rice or buckwheat which both diets say are fine to eat (but not Paleo!). I see the sweet potato as a substitute for the brown rice or buckwheat. Anyone looking for a good guideline, WholeApproach has an excellent PDF food list!


1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Lauren ( althought this post makes you sound so, well, sickly... And I consider you so strong and healthy.....) Off now to check out the food links !

    ReplyDelete